I was honored and humbled to be asked to co-lead the VBS team this year. I am happy to take this on as it will provide even more opportunities to serve and dive into people. So, I am happy to announce I will be headed back to Musana from June 10th-17th with a team of 18 pretty incredible people!
What is Musana?
You can read more about Musana at www.musana.org. Musana is not an organization that provides handouts but a Community Development Organization. it includes a nursery, primary, and secondary school, a restaurant, craft shop, farm, and bakery (all teaching skill development run by Ugandans) and even a health care clinic.
What will we be doing?
1) Working along side the Ugandan teachers at the school to assist and help with VBS in teaching 800+ children about our maker and His purpose for them.
2) Assisting and supporting the people at Musana in whatever way they desire while we are there.
3) Spending time with Musana staff and residents in the villages, observing the work God is already doing in their community and learning from them.
4) Encouraging and fellowshipping with brothers and sisters in Christ, supporting each other in our walks with Christ.
Will you help partner with me in this trip?
2) Be a financial partner! Donations are tax deductible*. Here are two ways you can donate:
- 1) Send checks to: Flatirons Community Church, 400 W. South Boulder Road, Suite 1700, Lafayette, CO 80026 (write “Misty Hymel – Musana VBS” in the subject line)
- 2) Donate online: www.flatironschurch.com/musanavbs (Click on my name.)
Newman Center - University of Denver